Monday, March 21, 2011

More books! Yeah for reading!



 
One of my dearest Manitobian friends got me onto the Mitford series.  Well, I mean that I've been wanting to read them.  So I got the first book from the bookmobile.  I have started, but found my mind has been so busy that I was having difficulty remembering characters, so I stopped until I can read for a few hours uninterrupted.  I am loving the flavour of the book and feel like I want to live there!

 
The other book is a new one completely to me!  By Heidi Ashworth, I "won" the 2nd book about Miss Delacourt.  Well, that would NEVER do, so I borrowed the 1st book from a new friend in BC.  I am laughing my way through and can see this book as a great movie akin to Sense & Sensibility, Emma, etc.  It is a fun read!  UPdate:  I just finished Miss Delacourt and did giggle to myself and often thought "I hope they make this into a movie, or I will!"

These 2 authors "Beth Wiseman" and "Ann H. Gabhart" have MANY good books out, I have been reading too many to post on here.  I have a weakness for the Amish lifestyle and the purity of these books.  All have faith type stories and I personally love the pure love stories intertwined within them.  No smut!  Every book makes me appreciate my woman-ness and the manliness of my beloved.  They all inspire me to be a better person.  To love and accept.  To cherish moments...easy reads, little bit of mystery thrown in, little bit of Amish culture thrown in...

You can also "search Amazon" through the right side of my blog ~ there is a little "widget" there.  Anything you buy through clicking through my blog will help us as we homeschool and come back to my blog readers as well.  Thanks to you!

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

So glad you're enjoying Miss Delacourt! =)

Anonymous said...

pI have read many books about the Amish as well. I believe Ann Gadhart also writes a couple books about the Shakers, which is a very interesting faith. Books are such a wonderful way to get lost in another world for a while. Enjoy.
Jacquie