Monday, March 21, 2011

Hair Cuts ~ the final frontier....Cocoa beaner gets a spring do!

Yes, our little man-dog Cocoa Beaner as he is affectionally referred to often was in desperate need of a spring trim.  Seeing as we live in a cold winter climate, we let his hair grow longer so he can spend many happy hours outside exercising and playing with Mom's yellow lab.  He gets very shabby and yucky looking by spring.  In winter we only trim his eyes, ears a little, behind and feet a bit.  He looks very much like a mop. My folks refer to him as "Bisquit Face"
He is a four year old Shih-tzu/Poodle  "Shih Poo?"

Had to add this photo of my Mom's dog curling up in our little dog's bed.

The girls wanted to make him into a LION...so we trimmed the back and left from the front legs up.  SO FUNNY.  He stayed like this for 1 day.  He lies still for only so long, so we did 2 days of trimming.


2nd day...he loves the sunshine...

He gets very hyper after a trim and will hardly sit still.  I had to tell him "sit" for a treat to get any sort of picture at all.

He likes my hubby to trim around his eyes, so that still needed to be done.  We left some length of hair, good thing, as it is still snowing here March 21st...where is my spring?
Happy little puppy!

1 comment:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

What a darling he is! He reminds me to much of the sweet dog my grandparents had when I was growing up. I just got all misty and nostalgic. Sniff.