A friend had posted on Facebook that she was smelling her Maple Pecan Granola baking ~ I of course asked for the recipe. It is now a family favourite. How sad it will be when I run out of true maple syrup and need to wait to buy more! And yes, I followed these directions completely! GASP!
Maple Pecan Granola
Makes one cookie sheet full
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 325. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray oil
2. Combine all dry ingred. in a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan, bring the oil, water and syrup to a SIMMER
4. Pour over dry ingred. and stir well. Spread onto cookie sheet.
5. Bake 25 minutes, stirring once. (TIMER) Turn off oven and leave in the oven until cool, a few hours or overnight.