Saturday, February 18, 2012

Winter Holiday Part 4 ~ Castle Mountain

We bucked the wind going from Coaldale, through Pincher Creek to Castle Mountain.  Saw the funniest and scariest thing near Lethbridge but couldn't get my camera out in time.  In this horrible wind, someone thought it a good idea to transport not only a Box Spring, but also a Mattress on TOP of their mini van.  It looked like a giant sale on top of their van with their bungee cords stretched to the max. I think they were starting to pull over after everyone was pointing at their roof!
This is not the exact picture of what we say of course, but it was very amusing!


 Passing some neat cut outs around Pincher Creek area.  Scene's of cowboys bringing in cattle and of the First People's Tee Pee and fire and such. 
 We arrived late in Castle Mountain and couldn't find our Chalet.  We found the others vehicles and so we walked up to the right instead of going to the left. 
It was raining.  I was cold.  It was dark.  I had to use the bathroom.  I thought everyone was waiting for us and we were holding up supper.  Enough said, I was happy to arrive and then got locked inside the bathroom.  This was the story of the holiday ~ kids locked in the bathroom.  Poor Mei was in there long enough to have to try to hide her tears by the time anyone found her.  I absolutely detest that feeling I get inside when something like that happens to my girls.  Very helpless and I don't like that they felt that way... we both felt better after a good cuddle.  Guess I should teach my girls to YELL a little more. We stayed in a place called "Castle's Keep" that sleeps 15 people.  It was set up very nice, and we really enjoyed ourselves.
 Lots of hugs good night and well, whenever someone felt like it.
 The upstairs loft was a great place for the young'uns to hang out and for the oldies to get in some stretching before hitting the slopes.
 One little niece was very interested in Uncle Gregg's knee brace.
 The whole family together!
 Got to watch these guys out our window trying to remove very heavy snow from the roof.
 Here are our little "Grommets" getting ready to shred
off they go to Part 5 ~ the snowboarding!

No comments: