Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baby Chicks 8 days and 4 days old

The 8 day old chicks are already getting their tail feathers.  I believe these are going to pretty chickens with speckled/colored wing feathers!  The baby bantams are looking smaller and smaller as the other chicks grow bigger.

Look at my feathers...and aren't I so cute standing in my feed dish?

2 tiny bantams standing beside the others, their favorite spot to cuddle up.  It's like the others are their Mom.


Looking up at another chick

This is "Pepper" Ruth's little one...regular feet.


See my tail feathers?

Last night this is how I left them when I went to bed...like a little fuzzy carpet.  Notice 4 are in the feed dish!  One's head is dangling out.

Mei's little "Cookie"...if you look closely your eyes really aren't playing tricks on you...his/her feet are growing fuzzy feathers!  Adorable yes!

Notice the size difference!  The little black one in the back is Kate's "Licorce"...also with fuzzy feet!  Her 1st licorce had a bad leg that could not be fixed. After many tears for all of us, she claimed another Licorce as her own, and left the 1st to chicky heaven.

No comments: