Saturday, January 14, 2012

70 Mile Community Christmas Dinner 2011

Since moving to BC, we have attended a small gathering of local folk at the 70 Mile House Community Dinner in December.  Then we decided to do a "little something", sorta like a mini Christmas concert, seeing as we weren't attending a school or church to be involved.
This year had warm and wonderful weather and saw a nice crowd again.  We met up with some friends....





 We sang a few carols with the children "leading" us.
 Then we did our little performance of "The 12 Days of Christmas"... Cariboo Style!  Pardon the photos, the camera wasn't working properly, and this is what we have!

On the 1st day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ....
A Porcupine in a Pear Tree
On the 2nd day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
2 Caribou (we held up a sign saying "To Cariboo"
On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
3 Grouse a drumming
(Feathers and sticks for drum sticks)
On the 4th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
4 moose a snortin'
(Gregg was  a good snortin' moose... he even wore antlers)
On the 5th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
5 Stanley Cups!!!!

Gregg is holding up a tiny trophy for the Stanley Cup...
Lots of cheers from the men 
 On the 6th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
6 Squirrels Curling
(this was Ruth with curlers in her hair and a bathrobe on)
On the 7th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
7 Sled dogs sledding
(we had 7 teddy dogs in a sled being pulled my a string to the other side)
On the 8th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
8 Mounties Munching!
 Tim Hortons... Lots of laughs with this one!
On the 9th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
9 loons calling
 This got so many more laughs than we thought... the girls just pretended to yak yak yak on play phones and acting "loonie"
On the 10th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
10 horses leaping!
(last year we also had some teddy horses flying through the air, so we repeated it this year)

On the 11th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
11 Wolves a 'howlin'

 Most laughs were when one wolf picked up a horse in it's mouth and carried it away!
On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
12 cubs a dancing!
 Friends of our did a Louise Armstrong "Is that you Santa Clause?" and it was very well done and enjoyed!
 Then they serve a lovely turkey and ham dinner complete with salad before hand,  mashed potatoes, yams, gravy, veggies, stuffing and then deserts that everyone brought!  YUM!
Then there is visiting, and hanging out with your Daddy love too.

So until next year... that's all folks!

No comments: