Friday, July 29, 2011

God's Bounty from the garden!

I am always so excited when the garden actually starts to produce enough that when I pick something, I can actually make a meal!
Swiss chard,green onion tops, chives.
The yellow flowers are chinese broccoli, and the big green things ~ broccoli!

The pie on right is a regular large pie plate.
 I got some pie plates from LOTT and they are huge!
Left: Rhubarb, Saskatoon, 1 apple on bottom
Right: Peach pie

Trout we caught while paddle boating.
Broccoli-vegetable soup

Strawberries girls picked this morning.
God is so good to help us grow our food.  It doesn't look like much yet, but every little bit that goes into our stomachs and freezer helps.  It is so much healthier, no sprays, etc.  As soon as I pass the $50 I will be even...I spent that much on flower and veggie plants.
Oh the shopping update:  It's been 3 weeks.  I did go to LOTT camp for 8 1/2 days in that time frame. My hubby forgot I didn't want to buy anything, so he bought some 1/2 price organic yogurt.  Yummy with my homemade rhubarb-strawberry jam.  We are also buying fruit in season to freeze, etc.  So far nothing else.  Feels so good.
My sister in law sent me a link on how to not use shampoo ~ I am going to check that out.  Although we just got a big bottle of shampoo given to us.  I don't use that much right now, so we'll see how it goes.

No comments: