Monday, January 03, 2011

My life is a Zoo



I braved driving in the big city and found the Zoo.  We had a nice relaxing time, but will remember to bring our own lunch next time.  I paid $16 for 3 hot dogs and a bowl of soup!




The kangas were very friendly.


Ruth's giraffee met his relatives for the first time!

That's one big lazy hippo!  Took this picture for my niece who likes hippos!


Weird little pig things...very entertaining, as were the little mice running around!


A little Joey



We went in the morning and happened upon the morning walk for this cute little guy!

It only takes him 1 hour to get from one end to the other!

Our "leaving much to be desired" lunch of hot dogs and soup $16.  Yikes.  Guess I funded the Zoo.

 Highlight was feeding these adorable little ducks.  So cute.  Kate actually picked one up.
This guy wanted my ring!


I was happy to put our quarters in for them :)

1 comment:

CAT said...

Great pictures! Is that the Calgary zoo? Looks like you had fun. I'm always amazed at the size of the hippos in person. Yikes!