Thursday, November 10, 2011

Peanut Pepper Stir Fry


Sometimes a little kitchen experiment pays off well!  I was looking through the cupboard and fridge, doing the ole' "what to make for supper" routine.  I didn't want to use meat.  So, well maybe some beans.  I didn't have any cooked and frozen, so ended up with a can of "mixed beans".  
We had lots of peppers from Ashcroft, so it would be nice to use those...and the purple onions too.  HUMM ... Maybe I could mix them all together in a sort of stirfry.
I started making my brown rice (as it takes awhile to cook).
Then the girls chopped up peppers.  I simply sauteed the purple onion, peppers and added the rinsed beans.  
Now, I remember in Indian cooking they put peanuts/peanut butter in some of their dishes.
SO, I stirred up some water, beef soup base, cornstarch and a few tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter.
IT WAS DELICIOUS!
The girls asked me to please make this again.  They practically licked their plates.






No comments: