Tuesday, October 25, 2005

My 3 Dads...

Sounds corny.

I was peeling potatoes with my 2 little girls the other day. They wanted to hear stories about my Dad Allan. My dad Allan passed away when I was 8 years old, the age my eldest is now. Many memories have been flooding my mind lately, but something hit me today.

I have been blessed with 3 wonderful fathers. The first, Allan, not only gave me life, but gave me courage and strength. No fear. No fear of wild animals (just respect), no fear of love and laughter.
The second, John, was the answer to my childhood prayers for a Daddy to hold and take care of us. He taught me the joy of servanthood and modelled humility (which I still work on). His gentle way with animals always inspires me.
The third, Ernie, my husband's father, taught me unconditional acceptance and to seek my giftings. He is another awesome Godly man.
I have had 3 beautiful fathers that all loved me, cared for me, cried with me, and encourage me. They are wonderful Grampa's and Papa's to our girls and I was just struck by how each has added to my life.
I love you all.
Jo

No comments: