Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall Book Review

Cover of The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall   Yes, yes, I promised more reviews and we will try our best.
I just finished reading The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall as a read-out-loud to our three girls, ages 9, 12, 15 years.   Can we say how much we loved this book?  We all laughed out loud (even Daddy) while reading this.  The pictures that form in your mind can definitely get the giggles going.  It was very age appropriate for my girls.  The characters are excellently written, personalities shine through.  Family honor, communication, and yes, fun and exploring are main themes.  The girls are being raised by their Father after their Mother has died. The tween does develop a 'crush' on the older teenager boy, but it is very innocent and has a good lesson/ending to it.

Now ~ imagine our delight when we discovered there are 2 MORE books!  We are looking forward to reading the next two.



The Penderwicks on Gardam Street

The Penderwicks at Point Mouette
I do have an Amazon Associates account, and if you click on the links below and place an order, I will receive a very modest commission which I pass along to Manitoba Adopting Families.
Thanks!

2 comments:

ChristyK said...

Fabulous! I am always looking for books for my voracious reading girl that are fun but also age appropriate. Crazy how hard it is to find books with good content for her! I'll be checking these out for sure :)

Unknown said...

Our girls are still asking when we can read more of them :)