Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gluten Free Crepes Recipe ~ Flat or Skinny Pancakes



Just starting our journey into the world of "Gluten Free" cooking and this is the start of my blogging on what has worked and not worked so far!
On Sundays we have a tradition of eating "Skinny Pancakes" or "German Pancakes" or Crepes.
What to do now?
I used my regular recipe and substituted the flour for the gluten free flour mix in the picture below.

For you Mom ~  Save On Foods had it
Crepes, Skinny Pancakes, German Pancakes Recipe
3 eggs
beat in blender
add 1 1/4 cup milk (I do part water)
Add a splash of vanilla
Then a dash of salt
Whip up in the blender again
Add 1 cup of the gluten free flour mix
Whip up in the blender again
These cooked up a little more fluffy and with some air bubbles ~ maybe from being in the blender?  They taste good!!!
 

 These rice noodles above were VERY tasty, but they were constantly running over in my large pot.  Some others told me later to "soak" them in hot water instead, so I will try that next time.


Don't under cook anything Gluten Free... I think it needs more baking time!

No comments: