Thursday, December 10, 2009

Missing Christmas in Manitoba

How can tears come so unexpectantly just by talking about carolling and baking dainties?  I find myself overwhelmed by a feeling of loneliness and sadness of missing out on the festivities I used to so enjoy.  A bible study potluck lunch windup, school concerts, carolling and baking and hot apple cider with friends.

I promised myself to make this Christmas special in the Cariboo, but I am still so lonely for things of the past.  Maybe it is in realizing that is gone and will never be the same.  Those same feelings come when your child takes their first step, when someone gets married, when someone moves...life is about changes!

I will invent a tele porting machine and just POOF be somewhere else for a day or two and then POOF back again.  Tonight calls for hot apple cider.

No comments: